Monday 4 April 2016

Kids with Divorced Parents

As someone who has been affected by divorce within the family on multiple occasions, it's come to the point where I am physically drained by the after affects.

In some ways, I was fairly fortunate that I was old enough to fully understand what was going on. I was able to have adult conversations with both parents about what happened. From this I  managed to find out what happened in their paths to lead to the divorce. Then finally, I create a mental timeline to show how long they hadn't loved each other. (What a happy person I am, I know!)
However, on the flip side, being the oldest child in this situation does have its downsides as I do become the middle man in a lot of the arguments. As I am very level headed between my parents, I do become the neutral ground and occasionally the messenger owl for them. Obviously this doesn't seem fair, but it happens.

I don't really have much to say on this subject, but I feel it's something I'm going to come back to. Just not in the right frame of mind right now considering there's a fresh argument in my head.

I'll just leave this post with an extract of what I just texted my dad on the topic of divorce:
'Having divorced parents is hard because no matter how neutrally you speak about one another, it feels like you both strive to make out one another are evil and out to get each other.'

Author:

0 comments: